Why is the Door Creaking?
A squeaky door can be irritating especially when one is trying to concentrate. This issue is caused by one part of the door rubbing against the other. However, it is very easy to solve the problem. All you need to do is to lubricate the door and it will stop making the irritating sound. But, how can you make your door stop squeaking? All you need to do is to lubricate the hinges of your door. There are several causes of a creaking door.
- Frictions on the hinges
- Parts of the door rubbing against each other
- Poor maintenance of the door
- Petroleum jelly is s a good choice since it does not give room for rusting. Make sure to coat the hinges with petroleum jelly, then open and close the door several times to ensure that it gets inside of the hinges. The advantage of it is that it also prevents rusting ensuring that your hinges last longer. It also makes it easy to open and close the door.
- Bar soap. Make sure not to use bar soap that has glycerin. This is because the bar soap foam usually has moisture which can makes the hinge to rust with time. Rub the soap against the hinges while closing and opening the door to ensure that the hinges become well lubricated. By so doing, the squeaky sound will go away.
- Alternatively, you can also use paraffin candles. You need to first dissemble the hinge so that you can apply the paraffin candle inside the hinge. Then, melt he candle so that once it is in the liquid form, you can apply the wax on the hinge. Then assemble the hinge and you will have eliminated the squeaking sound.
- The other option is to use olive oil that can be applied to reduce friction on the hinge. You can use a cloth or cotton to apply. Ensure that every part of the hinge is applied the oil. Apart from getting rid of the squeaking sound, olive oil is also useful in preventing rusting.